Sunday, February 9, 2014

100th Day Celebration!

Hello friends,
Like every one out there, we just celebrated our 100th day of school. My kiddos had a blast...I was exhausted.
As you know, I'm in LOVE with Pinterest. There are so many wonderful ideas out there by fabulous teachers. I stole borrowed many of them. Here are some of the activities we did:

Of course we made our hats.
 Click here for the free printable from Julie Lee.


 We have Zero the Heroine (read post here) every 10th day of school come visit us. The 100th day was especially significant. They got to make their own Hero.



They made their name pattern. {First Grade WOW}

 This idea came from Buzzing in Second Grade. I was so impressed with their creativity. The top one is an owl with a READ banner and the bottom is tall truck.

We also did some fun writing around what we thought we would do when we turn 100. 

 I got the idea of making them look old from Educate and Inspire. I used the free App Oldster.



Last but not least, we made zero donuts using Pillsbury biscuit dough. I know I could have just bought the donuts from the donut shop, but I like to have my kiddos "see" how they are made and the room smells like cinnamon and sugar days later. Sorry, too busy cooking to take a photo, but one of my cuties said, "Thanks Mrs. Garcia, for the best day of my life!" Isn't that the reason we do what we do?

How crazy was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover